Cyanide & Happiness - Freakpocalypse (Episode 1) Press Kit
Cyanide & Happiness - Freakpocalypse (Episode 1) is a throwback to classic point-and-click adventure games combined with the casually dark humor Cyanide & Happiness is known for. Play as Coop, an unpopular kid just trying to make it through the day, navigating the dangers of high school, popular people and the coming apocalypse brought on by the world around him. With any luck, you'll make it to prom!
Bringing their raucous brand of comedy to the world of games, Explosm held a highly successful Kickstarter to bring the game to life, with over 15,000 backers and a massive, dedicated fanbase built up over the years. Freakpocalypse will release on March 11th, 2021 on Steam, Epic Games Store and Nintendo Switch. The game features a full English voiceover, with six languages for subtitles (English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese).
- Enjoy a fully-voiced cast of characters drawn from the Cyanide & Happiness universe
- Look at, touch, or talk to nearly everything & everyone in your environment
- Choose from a plethora of costumes and accessories as you make your way through the game
- Unlock a variety of achievements, based on how good (or bad) you are at the game
- Avoid death at the hands of freaks and bullies in your journey to survive high school
- Experience cinematic cutscenes and a completely original soundtrack
- The first game in the Freakpocalypse tragilogy (trilogy of tragedy)
About Serenity Forge
Based in Boulder, Colorado, video game development and publishing studio Serenity Forge prides themselves on the care and dedication they put into their work, creating meaningful games that challenge the way you think. Firm believers in the artistic, cultural, and educational power of video games, Serenity Forge aims to craft unique interactive experiences to broaden players’ horizons and expand their perspectives. Learn more at http://serenityforge.com/.
Explosm are the creators of the renowned webcomic, Cyanide & Happiness. Founded in 2004, Cyanide & Happiness has become an award-winning series of comics, animations and games. They’ve amassed a significant number of fans along the way, including over 10 million YouTube subscribers, 12 million Facebook fans and 225,000 Twitter followers. Learn more at http://www.explosm.net.
About Skeleton Crew Studios
Skeleton Crew Studios stems from I-Mockery.com founder Roger Barr who has created a variety of offbeat video games for over two decades including Abobo's Big Adventure, Grave Chase, and Bionic Chainsaw Pogo Gorilla. Skeleton Crew Studios produces games that have a blend of replayability, retro-inspired aesthetics & gameplay, and a special brand of irreverent humor. Learn more at http://www.skeletoncrewstudios.com.